Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ghibli Museum

I went to Ghibli Museum today to watch the short film, Mei and the Kittenbus. I kinda rushed to visit there because I realized that screening is ending really soon. I decided to go and got ticket last night, and then went there today's noon...I won't do this again. Here's little info about the short pasted from wiki. 


Mei and the Kittenbus (めいとこねこバス Mei to Konekobasu) is a thirteen minute sequel to My Neighbor Totoro, written and directed by Miyazaki. Chika Sakamoto, who voiced Mei in Totoro, returned to voice Mei in this short. Hayao Miyazaki himself did the voice of the Granny Cat (Neko Ba-chan), as well as Totoro. It concentrates on the character of Mei Kusakabe from the original film and her adventures one night with the Kittenbus (the offspring of the Catbus from the film) and other cat-oriented vehicles.
 Cute Totoro-ish monsters from Mei and the Kittebus

The actual short was really awesome as I expected. Great actings and physics were there. Lots of supernatural things and creatures in the film but I could really see the deep study from the reality so that all of them were pretty believable. Also I was so impressed with the improvement in the quality of animation comparing to the original film, My neighbor Totoro. Same characters and settings but 14 years definitely improved the quality I guess. It was such a pleasure film to watch. I have no idea why they don't sell DVD of this....

Some cool discovery I had at the museum. It was my 3rd time to visit but this place still inspires me.


The special bus to Ghibli Museum. SO CUTE!

 That robot thing from Castle in the sky. It's placed on on the rooftop. pretty big(about 2~3m)

and of course, a goods from Ghibli store. It's pretty obvious but this is a hand towel based on the design from Totoro's opening. How could I NOT buying this? Woohooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment